I love The Children's Place (TCP)! Not only do I love their clothes, but I LOVE the killer sales they put on throughout the year. And, I love their birthday club--which gives me a discount to use on top of the killer sales. Now--why am I writing about this today? I also discovered that I love their customer service. Here's the story...
This morning, I got Whitney's birthday club e-mail from TCP. Whenever I get these e-mails, I head on over to their website to see what they've got. It usually happens that they're having one of their sales, so I usually decide to buy a few things. Today was no different. Whitney needs some new pants and Kallie needs some new shirts, so I got busy browsing the sale pages. I ordered several things, looked over the order, and then placed it using my birthday coupon code. When I got the confirmation e-mail, I realized I'd ordered the wrong size of one item. (Dang it!)
Phone call #1: TCP cannot change an order once it's been placed, but TCP would be happy to cancel that order for me. I just need to go in and completely re-do the order. Great, thanks, bye. (At least I already knew what I had ordered, right?)
Well, after I placed the second order, I entered my coupon code...only to find it didn't work.
Phone call #2: They gave me a new coupon code without any hassle. Great, thanks, bye.
I didn't realize at the end of the second conversation, but I should have stayed on the phone as I placed the rest of the order. It was just after I hung up that I realized the first coupon I used, which said 15%, in fact gave me a 20% discount. The coupon code I had just been given over the phone only gave me 15%. Now, I hate to seem whiny over 5%--but since the original coupon code they sent gave me 20%, I wanted to know if they would still give me 20%.
Phone call #3: While all of the Customer Service agents were nice, this one was great. I explained the situation about the coupons. The agent explained that the code I had been given was one that had been offered on those websites that list coupons--so it wasn't valid anymore. When I told her that it came straight off the TCP e-mail, she put me on hold while she got a 20% coupon code from her supervisor. GREAT! Thanks! Bye!
It did take a little while to resolve the issue, (I was on the phone for 20 min. the last time), but in the end, they completely honored the original discount. I was very impressed--and came away loving TCP even more!
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












2 comments:
I love them too! I went to the mall Saturday and forgot my perks discount. They pulled a coupon out of the drawer and let me use it! I have always loved them.
thanks for the tip!-i signed up for the birthday club too-you're a wealth of information amanda-
Post a Comment