Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Big Day

Tomorrow, Ryan is proposing his thesis! While we were in Seattle, (got home yesterday night around 9), he sent many e-mails and made many phone calls to try to schedule this event. In spite of all the work, it was looking like he was going to have to wait until August because of the committee members' schedules. But, at literally the last moment, everything miraculously fell into place and tomorrow it will finally happen!

I have to admit that I have enjoyed Ryan's grad school schedule, even though it's been tough on the finances. But, he's available for his family much more than when he was going to school full-time and working part-time and when he was working full-time and going to school part-time. There are still times of busy-ness, but it's been a nice balance for the past year or so.

I just have to keep my patience at the forefront for now. I am getting so excited to move on to a new place and a new phase of life. I feel like I've been doing this college thing for 12 years now! While we were in Seattle, we (mostly I) kept talking about how 6 months from now, we could be living there, (I'm really crossing my fingers!). I know that I will miss the current phase of life once it's gone, but I can't help feeling a little trunky now that I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Good Luck! I hope everything will work out!