This was my reaction when, two weeks ago, the Bishop asked me to serve as the Primary President in our ward. I had a feeling for quite a while that something was coming and I needed to be ready for it. But, I honestly never thought that this was what it would be! For that entire next week, I felt extremely overwhelmed. I haven't been in Primary since I was a Mia Maid! (Remember when there were Mia Maids and the orange Primary songbook?) As the idea has settled on my mind, I have realized that I really have been prepared over the past few months for this calling. Because of the demographics of our area, we only have a Junior Primary--and only about 20 (or so) children in that Junior Primary. I feel fortunate that I have the opportunity to learn about Primary without having to worry about Scouts or the transition to YM/YW for the older kids. When I first received this calling, 2 weeks seemed a long way off and like it would never come...but today, we were set apart as a presidency and I now feel ready to move forward.
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












11 comments:
wow! Yay for the new calling! You'll do a fabulous job!
Wow, congrats! You will be amazing at it. I'm sure the R.S. will miss you terribly. Good luck, I know you will do an awesome job.
You'll do great in the primary. Working with only the junior primary is a great way to learn. You will love this calling.
Wow! You will do awesome as the Primary President! I loved being in the presidency but was so relieved to be released as well. Good luck!
You will be an amazing primary president! Lucky kids!
This is right up your alley Amanda! You will do such a great job with those kids. They are blessed to have you.
ps - can't believe Callie is already 3!!!
pps - i left you a comment below about your cute dress.... :)
ppps- i meant Kallie, not Callie....sorry ;-) my VT is spelled with a "C"
Congratulations! I had a similar experience about 5 years ago. Even though I don't know you personally...I am convinced you will be wonderful and that the children in your ward will be blessed through you!
Yay for you! You will be great for this calling.
Also...Happy Birthday to Kallie! I am so impressed with the party you planned.
Amanda I am so excited for you. You are the most incredible cheerleader. You are perfect for those little ones. I will miss seeing you in Relief Society though.
Post a Comment