There is a tradition on Ryan's side of the family that during the Priesthood Session of General Conference, the women in the family go shopping. Last time they were here, I hauled Kallie around in the stroller--and she was tired and miserable for about the last hour that we were shopping. So, this time, I took the girls to Grandma's house and headed off to the mall with my mother-in-law and my neice.
I knew I was looking for something to wear to church. I've had the same church clothes for about a year now--and it's always nice to switch it up a little, instead of alternating the same 2 skirts and a few more shirts on any given Sunday. So, with that in mind, we searched through a couple of stores. While we were in JCPenney's, we were looking in the prom dress area, (for my niece), and I wandered by the clearance rack. A black fabric with white polka dots caught my eye and I had to take a look. It was a darling dress and in a size I thought I might fit into--so I took it into the dressing room.
The first surprise was that it fit! It's 2 sizes smaller than what I wore last summer--and it fit! I considered that a reward for all of the hard work I've put in to lose 17 lbs. in the last 2 1/2 mos., (for a total of 27 since last summer!). The next surprise was that it was 60% off. There was no way I was leaving that store without that dress.
From there, we went to an accessories store where I found, (actually, my mother-in-law found), the perfect necklace and earrings to go with the dress. And, I found a set of bangles for half-price in the exact same shade of green as the bolero sweater that came with the dress. I left the mall that night feeling completely successful and anxious to wear the dress.
I had to wait a week--but the day I wore it, I received SO many compliments! I felt amazing and felt great about myself all day that day. Here I am after church that day, (it's not the best picture, but you get the idea...):
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












16 comments:
You look amazing!!!!!! Great job on the weight loss and the great find!
Lovin your deals and you look awesome!!!
That is the cutest dress and you look amazing in it!! I really love that shade of green!!
What a great find!
Thanks for posting the picture! I LOVE the dress. You look darling and all the accessories make it so fun. You look fantastic!
Such a cute dress! I love it! Dresses are so hard to find too. Good job. Glad you had fun with the girls during Priesthood. Good times.
So cute!!! Congrats on your weight loss so far. You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work. And what a fabulous find!
you look great!
You look wonderful! Great job on the weight loss and in finding an awesome deal!
You look so cute! And congrats on the weight loss! The dress is just adorable and got to love the price!
You look great!
that is a cute dress and you look so beautiful!! I miss you on the board, but understand. BTW I LOVE the Famly Fun Magazine..Thank You sooo much!!
Amanda, you look fantastic!!
I love the dress!
Cute dress! I was noticing today at Target that you looked like you had lost some weight-you look great!
You look beautiful. Your hair is even perfect for that dress. Good find!
I love deals, Love this dress, love YOU in this dress, love that you look and feel so good. YOu go girl! So so happy for you!
YOU GO GIRL!!! You look fabulous!!!!!!!!!! I seriously looove that dress, great colors. Hooray for you :) You're such a doll.
Post a Comment