Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Book Tag!

Thanks for the tag, Charissa!

The instructions for this tag are as follows:
1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages)
2. Turn to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog
5. Tag 5 people

The book is "The Egg and I" by Betty MacDonald. (It's on my "Currently Reading" list on Goodreads, but I haven't actually started reading it.) Here's the sentence, (and yes, it's just ONE sentence!):

I doubted at the time that this would do any good since the bull, a wizened sallow little bookkeeper type without a vestige of the lusty manliness which is ordinarily associated with the word bull, quite evidently tried to make up for his lack of physique by telling the cows, "Say girls, if you'll follow me I'll take you to a keen restaurant up on that mountain," and no peppering of rock salt was likely to make him give up his only lure.

I don't know who has and hasn't been tagged for this one yet...so, if you have a book sitting close, go for it!

No comments: