Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kallie-isms

Yes, folks, it's that time again--time for another installment of Kallie-isms. She's had a couple of good ones recently...

Wednesday night, I had an Enrichment meeting to attend. While I was gone, Ryan helped Kallie through the post-dinner, bedtime routine--part of which is to clean up her toys. As they were cleaning, Ryan tossed something in Kallie's direction so she could put it away. When she realized what had happened, Kallie walked over to Ryan, put her little arm around his shoulders and said, "Dad, I love you, but we don't do that." (We have a rule that we don't throw toys.) It made me think that maybe my teaching efforts are working...well, at least once in a while, when I'm not home.

One of Kallie's favorite make-believes to play lately is "Birthday Party." This stems from her Little Einstein's "Mission Celebration" video and the fact that her 3rd birthday is less than a month away. Yesterday, Kallie pulled out her little IKEA bundt pan and placed the little tart pan over the top. She sang "Happy birthday to you!" about 10 times, (just that phrase, no other words), to build up to the moment when she unveiled the cake. She dramatically pulled off the lid and handed the bundt "cake" to daddy--pan and all. Ryan, being the wonderful daddy that he is, gobbled up the entire air cake immediately. As she watched the events unfold, Kallie suddenly got a look of horror on her face, and said, "DAD! You ate the candle!!"

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I love it. I love that she added the Daddy I love you but... part. It's such an adult thing to say.

The Gould Family said...

Those are hilarious!!

KaraLyn said...

She sounds like such a fun little girl! I bet she would get along with my Macee... Thank goodness they keep life exciting!

H-less said...

I haven't read this post yet, but I just have to get on right away and tell you how much I appreciate your long distance, ever building, bring out the best in me friendship and the wonderful encouragement you always bring. Thanks for seeing me how I wish to be. Now I'll read your post. :)

H-less said...

I love it! Not only does she know the rule not to throw toys, she puts her arm around him to tell him. See...I knew you were an amazing mother!