So...I'm a little late posting this. Ryan's birthday was yesterday, but I was insanely busy all day yesterday. (I have good excuses, though, because I was doing birthday things all day.) I just have to do a little birthday bragging about my amazing husband. :)
OK--when I say amazing, I mean Ryan is completely AMAZING. When we got married, I thought Ryan was getting a pretty great girl...and I quickly realized that what I got out of the deal is about 100 times better than what he ended up with. First and foremost, he is the most patient and understanding person on the face of the planet. Even in the moments when he might not totally understand, he will admit it--and then offer whatever support he can give. I'm a girl...I don't think I need to explain beyond that...and even in my worst moments, Ryan continues to see the best in me. He encourages me to be a better person just by the way he lives.
Beyond all of the emotional stuff, Ryan is amazing at helping with the household and family chores. He has done the dishes almost every night since we've been married. He changes diapers, gives the girls baths, cleans up barf, does most of the vacuuming that's done in our home, takes out the trash, (including the diapers!), and any other random chores that I may need help with. Talk about making my life easier! I think he really believes that a happy wife is a happy life--because he does everything in his power to make sure that I'm happy. (And--it works!)
Ryan is also an incredible dad. I know that, as the youngest child in his family and not spending much time around kids, he had his own concerns about becoming a father--but no child could have a better dad than Ryan. He plays with his girls, provides them plenty of positive attention, and is even learning how to match little girl outfits. He has gained a wealth of knowledge about tights, bows, dollies, dresses, etc. in the almost 3 years since our first daughter arrived.
Along with all of this, Ryan is an extremely dedicated and hard-working person. I remember the first semester that Ryan went to school after we got married. It was early in my pregnancy with Kallie and I was REALLY sick. Ryan, working part-time and going to school full-time, managed to shoulder all of his responsibilities at school and home AND managed to make the Dean's List as well. He is so organized with his homework and projects that he always has enough time to accomplish what he needs to and still have time to take his wife on a date or build a snowman with Kallie, (or take her to the playground, depending on the season).
Honestly, Ryan never ceases to amaze me. I truly could not have married a more incredible person--and I'm so grateful I did! I can't imagine what my life would be without him.
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












1 comment:
What a fun blog! First, it's so cute! I've been wanting to change mine to the scapbook feel. And you are a great writer. Your words are so elequant and perfect.
Happy Birthday Ryan.
Post a Comment