Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Is this seat taken?

Before I start this post, I just have to make a comment: For all those who have been waiting for SOMETHING to read on this blog...watch out! I have some time tonight, (in addition to the 2 posts I've already done today), so here comes another one. I should have more time over the next few weeks as well, so ya'll will have something to keep you going for a bit. ;)

Sunday, after church, Ryan had a quick Sunday School presidency meeting. I had the choice of waiting for a few minutes or taking the girls home by myself. I opted to stay. Since most of the rooms were taken because of the ward behind us, they set up a small circle of chairs in the cultural hall and met while all the kids walked on the lines painted on the wooden floor. When they finished, I headed over to the circle and decided to sit down to put Kallie's shoes back on. Just as I started to sit, the Sunday School president decided to put his chair away. Yep--the chair I was planning to sit on and the chair he was putting away were the same chair.

I landed with a THUD on that hard wood floor and quickly pulled my skirt back to knee-length. I definitely flashed a little more than I, or probably anyone else who saw, was comfortable with. I was so shocked and actually thought it was incredibly funny, so I just sat there and laughed for a few minutes. The poor president was so embarrassed! Walking to the car, later that day, and even now I'm still giggling about it. My back is a little sore, (no bruise yet), from hitting against the chair as I went down and my muscles were a little sore from the impact, but nothing major. Next time, I'm making sure to announce my seating plans ahead of time to avoid any repeat experiences.

3 comments:

Cami, Nathan and Tracy said...

wow... i feel bad for the pres and you! but I think you handled it pretty well! #1 pull skirt down from ears.... :)

Jessica said...

Oh, that sucks. I'm glad you laughed it off. It's probably more embarassing for him than you though.

The Gould Family said...

oh no! i hope you don't get too big of a bruise. sounds like it hurt! at least you can laugh about it! thats a good attitude!