Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Kallie's Testimony

This past Sunday started off much like our usual Sundays. Spending time as a family before church, then putting the girls in the stroller and setting off. Even with the time change, Whitney did her usual routine--lasting almost all the way through the sacrament before she got too cranky. I finally had to take her out just as people started bearing their testimonies. With about 3 minutes left before the closing song, I was standing at the back of the chapel when Ryan headed up to the podium with Kallie. I was extremely surprised that they were going up because Ryan's not a huge fan of speaking in front of large groups. I was even more surprised when Kallie stood at the microphone and, with Ryan's help, said, "I love my mom and dad. I love Jesus. I love my nursery leaders. Jesus, Amen." And then, with her daddy in tow, she walked back down to the bench where we were sitting.

When I got back to the bench, Ryan explained that Kallie had seen another little boy bear his testimony earlier in the meeting, (a very rare occurrence in our ward), and asked to go up there, too. Neither Ryan or I realized that Kallie was paying attention while the testimonies were going on--and neither of us ever expected her to ask to go up there! While it won't be even a once-a-month happening, I was really proud of my little 2 1/2 year old with her sweet desires.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that is PRECIOUS!!! Wow, they really do catch more than we know huh?!

Jessica said...

That is really precious. What a great feeling that must've been.

The Gould Family said...

what a sweet child!!!

Jared and Delia said...

Kallie is so in tune. She always has been though - huh?