Thursday, November 8, 2007

I so did not plan on this...

...But I am NOT complaining! Yesterday, I went to the library to get more books for Kallie. I was short on book ideas this time, so I picked up a few "going potty" type books to help encourage Kallie along that path. We also borrowed the DVD "Bear in the Big Blue House: Potty Time." I figured since she's 2 1/2, it couldn't hurt to start her thinking in that direction.

Then, last night, after watching the video and flipping through one of the books, I was getting her ready for bed and noticed that her diaper was dry. I knew I had to take advantage of the moment and asked her if she wanted to go potty...which she did successfully. She got some m&m's and went to bed.

Fast forward to 5:15 a.m., Kallie comes walking into our room and tells Ryan that she needs to go potty. He gets up, takes her into the bathroom, and she goes potty...and her diaper was still dry! She, of course, got more m&m's at that point...and then again an hour later when she successfully went potty once more. She has been dry ever since then--even during a trip to Wal-Mart to pick up panties and more m&m's. I'm so proud of her!

Somehow, I stumbled into potty training, even though I wasn't planning on moving forward with it for at least a few more months. I'm a little nervous, as we have only been dealing with #1 and haven't encountered a #2 opportunity yet. But, she's catching on REALLY well and I'm loving it, since it has all been her idea so far. I just hope it continues to go as well as it has these first few hours.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

wow. I think thats the most painless potty training story i've ever heard, even for a little girl! Good luck with taking care of the #2 too. :)

Debbi said...

Amanda, I'm glad you liked the reading spot site. I am not always good at updating it - but I love your site, I will have to check back!