Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend Recap

I am so tired. SO. TIRED. That's what happens when you have a whirlwind weekend vacation. Here's a (hopefully) short run down of the weekend:

Thursday
Flew to UT. I sat in the window seat with Tanner. The lady next to me was a little large for her seat, so Tanner and I sat in 2/3 of our seat. It was a bit cramped. At least Tanner was pretty well-behaved and happy for the entire flight. It was a little tiring trying to keep him from touching the lady--but she was very nice about it.
Stayed up talking with Mirinda, who just had her first baby, (which is why I went to UT). I got to meet little Adilay Miri, who doesn't like to go to bed for the night until about 2 a.m. So I hung out with them until Adi decided to go to sleep.

Friday
Had a girls' lunch with my mom, sisters, sister-in-law, and her mom. (Oh, and Tanner and Adi came, too.) Afterward, we ran lots of errands to prepare for Adi's blessing brunch on Sunday.
I took a short(ish) nap that afternoon. Definitely needed, considering that I already was lacking on sleep.
Tanner got a haircut. It's so nice to have a stylist in the family! Baby mullet is officially gone.
That night, my brother's family arrived late. Stayed up until 2 a.m. laughing and talking and watching YouTube videos with my siblings.

Saturday
We had a family breakfast and then I took Carissa and my nephew, (who was the only non-baby boy there), to run more errands. Part of my quest was to introduce my family to Virgil's root beer--which I accomplished. (They all loved it!)
For the hour or two until dinner, we hung out all together, played games on our tablets, and chatted.
That evening, we went to Café Rio. I don't think I need to say any more about that. Yum.
After dinner, my sister-in-law and I put the babies to bed and ran another errand. It was fun to have talking time with her.
Once the kids were in bed, we played "Wits and Wagers." Carissa had mentioned the game to me earlier that day, (it was a coincidence that we played it that night), and we had discussed how our family would easily get distracted by a detail of the game. Sure enough, we had more fun naming our wager chips than actually playing the game. Some of my favorite names: Carn, Buffalo, Ghost, Pirate. Oh, and the fact that when asked how many Superbowl titles the Dallas Cowboys had won, all but 2 of us guessed 5. And we were right. It was kind of epic.
My goal was to get to bed before 2 a.m. this night. I headed upstairs at 1:30...and ended up talking with my sister, (we shared a room), until 2:30 instead. Oh well.

Sunday
With all of the people in the house sharing 2 1/2 bathrooms, I was up at 6:30 to get ready for 9 a.m. church. I don't think 4 hours is ever enough sleep...
Little Adi looked beautiful in the heirloom-style blessing dress my mom and sister made for her. She is such a cute little Snuglet.
The blessing was wonderful--and immediately following sacrament meeting, we headed to the house for a family brunch. Had my other 3 kids been there, I would have been crazy--but it was fun loading up my nieces and nephews with all the sugary treats they requested and watching them run around and play. Tanner started falling asleep in his high chair. Guess I wasn't the only one not getting enough sleep.
After everyone left, I did boring things like pack. And hold the baby. But that wasn't boring.
My flight was delayed about 30 minutes, which I found out BEFORE we left for the airport. It was much better to spend time waiting at the house, instead of at the airport. (In the end, the pilots arrived early from Atlanta--so we weren't as late as we were supposed to be.)
Tanner was not fun on the flight home. He was overtired, uncooperative, and somewhat fussy. At least the people sitting near me were super nice. And we had our entire window seat to ourselves this time. The extra few inches were nice.
The whole crew came to pick me up from the airport. According to Ryan, Clayton stayed awake the entire drive to the airport and the entire time they were in the cell lot. While his sisters were sleeping, he was chatting and wide awake waiting to see mom. When they arrived at the curb, I leaned in and said hi to him, and he IMMEDIATELY dropped off to sleep. It was pretty funny.
We finally got home at about 10:45 p.m.

Today, we are all so tired. (The rest of my family went to Ocean Shores to play at Nana and Papa's house for the weekend.) My kids all slept in and we're all moving in slow motion. The weekend was quite fun for all of us, though. Now I just need to get my siblings to bring their families up HERE to visit. :)

2 comments:

Will and Heidi said...

I'm glad you had a fun little trip and got to see some of your family!

Lydja said...

I'm exhausted HEARING about your trip! It sounds lovely though.