Wednesday, September 1, 2010

In the mean time...

I have so much I want to post about...our trip to Utah, my sister's wedding, Kallie's first day of school, the projects I've been working on, painting (and repainting) our house...but I have (obviously) been busy.  By the time I get a few minutes, my brain doesn't want to focus on writing.  It wants to relax, too.  So, instead of blogging, I've been reading.  Lots of reading.  And one of my favorite reads lately is from Julie B. Beck--a talk she gave at BYU's Women's Conference.  I will admit, I couldn't just let my brain relax with that one.  In fact, I wanted to turn myself into a sponge and just soak it all in--make it part of me.  So, while you're waiting for my riveting blog posts, feel free to delve into Sis. Beck's talk!  (And, let me know if you master the whole "turning yourself into a sponge" thing.)

3 comments:

runningfan said...

I'm a huge fan of Sister Beck -- and that amazing talk! You might enjoy an interview she did with her daughters. Sheri Dew moderated. It's here: http://radio.lds.org/eng/programs/conversations

Rachel said...

That's a great talk. I hadn't heard it and really enjoyed it.

Mel said...

i know this is from forever ago, but WHAT?! you were in utah?! :) jk, would be SO much fun to catch up sometime if that ever happens again.