Thursday, April 8, 2010

Home is Where You Hang Your Heart

My heart has been precariously hung on the "Yellow House" for almost 4 weeks now.  We have been moving forward with a bit of caution, not knowing what would yet be required in order to make this house ours.  And, there are many things that have been out of our own control--which makes us even more cautious.

Today, we heard back on the appraisal--the final hurdle to our home ownership, (at least with this home).  It came in right at the asking price, which we pretty much expected.  However, contrary to our expectations, there were no conditional clauses to hold up closing.  What a surprise!  But, truly, what a relief.  We are going to be homeowners in about a month!

This experience has been, at times, very harrowing for me.  I don't know why it was so intense on my end, but I feel that I've learned so many good things through this experience.  The details are personal, but here's a Reader's Digest version of my learning curve:

Greater trust in personal revelation
Greater faith in Jesus Christ
Greater trust in the Lord's timing
Heavenly Father is more powerful than any aspect of the housing market
Heavenly Father wants to bless us with our desires

I feel incredibly blessed by the way this has all turned out.  I look forward to moving in, settling down, and making it into our home.  After all, my heart's already in it.

4 comments:

runningfan said...

Thanks for this post! I'm on the same journey...just a different branch of the highway. This was a good reminder for me. :)

Jared and Delia said...

That is awesome Amanda. Thank you for sharing your testimony. :)

j2nielsen said...

so happy for you!

Heidi said...

Oh, I'm so glad it's working out for you and you're learning wonderful things from it all!