Friday, March 19, 2010

The House

Quite a few people have asked for pictures of the house. Here they are! We're signing all of the "under contract" papers today. The inspection will happen next week--and we are praying that it goes well. This home is a foreclosure, and we're not sure how long it has been neglected. But, we will say that it is in great shape for being a foreclosure!


Here's the house. It's yellow with black shutters. I think it needs a red door. We want to remove that big tree blocking the view of the front door.
These is what you see looking straight ahead from the front door. There is a living room immediately to the right of the door. And a bedroom and 1/2 bath on the right of the stairs. To the upper left, there is a decorative ledge that draws your eyes up the 2-story entry. (Oh goodness--I sound like I'm auditioning for HGTV or something! LOL)
This dining room is to the left of the entry. I eventually want the bottom part of the wall to be white with shadowboxes and the top part to be a muted deep teal. That little patch of wood floor you see goes to the kitchen.

This is the kitchen. It's currenly burgundy, but will be cherry red when I get my hands on it. The door on the left (barely visible) is from the garage. The white door on the right is the laundry/mud room. Just in front of the laundry room door is the eating area--and there are french doors that lead out to the patio.

This is the family room, as seen from the kitchen. There is a half wall just to the left of this photo. The family room windows look out on the backyard.

This is the master bath and our absolute LEAST favorite feature of the entire home. We can't stand the crackle painting on the vanity and don't know why someone would even consider doing that. This bathroom is pretty small for a master and does not have a tub! That was one of my requirements for a home, but obviously, the other features outweigh losing that one thing. The kids' bathroom also has double sinks and is a little larger than this one.

This is the view from the side of the back yard. To the left, there are TALL evergreens that make the backyard a bit more private--which is nice because there is a major-ish street on the other side. The shed has a small workbench in it, and there is a tiny garden plot on the other side of it. You can enter the home through the french doors, (you can see the edge on the lower right), or through the mudroom door, which is on the side of the house. You may notice the satellite dishes scattered on the shed roof. Apparently, there are FOUR of them. I wonder why they can't remove one before putting the next one up? They'll all come down when we move in.
So, there it is! I never thought we would find something so well matched to our family. We are certainly excited about this!

17 comments:

Dear Chicka said...

Amanda it is beautiful! I am so jealous! If you do any refinishing...seriously take before and after pics for me :)

Ash said...

I love it!! I can't wait to see what ya'll do with it! Congratulations!!!

Laurel said...

Amanda, it's absolutely beautiful. I'm so excited for you guys!

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

So exciting! I love it! Congratulations! What an awesome home!

Sean and Melissa said...

How exciting! I love the kitchen! Forclosures are great- a little bit of love can totally transform the place. And you get to pick all the colors! Hopefully the inspection goes well. Our house had a couple of leaking pipes, but other than came out great. We were so happy that we went with a short sell.

David, Rauna and Family said...

So happy for you! It looks like a great floor plan that will be a wonderful home for your family-It looks in very good shape for a foreclosure. Hope the inspection goes well and good luck for a smooth closing!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! I agree with you on the bathroom vanity :/ BUT they make up for it with cute paint colors in the rest of the house!! :) Congrats!

The Nedrys said...

What a great house! We will certainly miss you, but are excited for your family! I liked all the changes you already planned on making...once it is done, it will be perfect just for you 5!

Delia said...

That house is SO cute Amanda. I am so excited for you guys!

Brittany H. said...

What a cute house! I really like the staircase. SO exciting--good luck with everything, and I think you'd be great on HGTV! :)

Ryan said...

I love it Amanda!!! Its a lovely home. Im so excited for you guys? When is your inspection, when are you planning to close?

Its a very functional, good floor plan. You'll have to tell me all your fun plans for updates. Thats the fun part(although very hard work).

Rachel said...

I love it. Hopefully we'll actually be able to talk one of these days ;).

Kristi Patterson said...

Beautiful home Amanda. I hope all goes well.

Krista said...

Congratulations!!! That house looks awesome!! I hope it all works out and everything goes through.

The housing market is sooo crazy right now. We have been waiting on a short sale since November. Ugghh.

Katie and Bryson said...

Cute house--we'll be crossing our fingers everything goes well for you!

Kayla said...

Congratulations! It looks good already and shouldn't be tough at all to spice it up and make it your own! You'll have to post "after" pictures! But so exciting!! Do you have a time frame when you get to move in?

Erin said...

It's beautiful! I am so excited for you.