Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Blowing Kisses

Quite a while back, I started a naptime tradition with Kallie.  It began back in the day when I had to stay in their room and wait for Whitney to fall asleep.  (Otherwise, she would get out of bed and/or talk to Kallie, keeping both of them awake.)  After Whitney fell asleep, I would quietly sneak out of the room and shut the door.  Usually, Kallie wasn't quite asleep and would pop her little head up to say good-bye.  Instead of talking, I started blowing kisses at her.  And she, being a little sponge, decided if mom did it, she should too.  So, after a while, she started blowing kisses back.  To be silly one day, as she blew kisses on my way out, I "caught" them in my hand and pressed them to my cheek.  Kallie eventually followed.  Then, one day, Kallie decided to be silly.  Instead of catching them in her hand, she opened her mouth and caught the kisses.  She caught so many that it made her cheeks puff out!  I love this little routine we've got going.  Now, to come up with another surprising way to catch kisses...so I can catch Kallie off guard!

2 comments:

Delia said...

You could bump them on your head like a soccer ball and then slide them down your arm like a basketball and then put them in your pocket. :) that was a cute story.

Heidi said...

Aw, very cute!!