I was reading a few articles this morning and found a quote that I really like. Here it is:
Latter-day Saint women should understand that no matter how many other people they enlist to help them with their home and children, they cannot delegate their role as the primary nurturer and teacher of their families. Righteous motherhood will always stretch every reserve they have to meet the needs of their families. As a daughter of God who has made covenants with Him, each of you carries the vital and indispensable female half of the responsibility for fulfilling the Lord’s plan.
Each of you has the agency to prayerfully and humbly choose how to approach your career opportunities. Every choice has a consequence. You cannot have everything and do everything. You must choose with eternal priorities in mind. I would hope that you will understand that there are no glamorous careers. Every form of employment has its own innate challenges. Many choices available in the world today compete with eternal goals and responsibilities. Many choices could persuade you to delay or limit the number of children you invite into your family. Many choices could rob you of critical time and energy necessary to adequately care for your spouse, your children, and your responsibilities in the Lord’s kingdom. These decisions are between you and the Lord. He knows the desires of your heart and your unique situation.
Julie B. Beck, Unlocking the Door to the Blessings of Abraham, CES Fireside, March 2, 2008
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












7 comments:
Thanks for sharing! I love this! And I'm not surprised it's from Julie Beck -- she's the best!
Thank you for sharing that. I have been feeling guilty about some decisions that I have recently made but that quote reminded me that the right choices are not always valued by the world....it help sweep away the guilt. Thank you.
That's a good one. I love how straightforward she is when she speaks.
Thanks for the quote Amanda
I love it when a church leader just says it like it is, and cuts through the complex messages of the world.
The beginning of this quote is one thing I've thought about lately- how nurturing and teaching are not just about cleaning up and putting kids in time out, it's about overseeing and planning and creating opportunities for your child's growth. Some many things can be delegated out, but this cannot.
Thanks Amanda! It's a good reminder and confirmation of the decisions I've made. Just what I needed!:)
I need to hear this once every day. The decision not to work outside the home is not one that I have only had to make one time.
wow, thats good
Post a Comment