Monday, August 3, 2009

The Ha-Ha-Ha

A couple of months ago, my girls were playing nicely together and I was getting things done. All was right with the world. When they finished, Kallie found me and gave me a minute-by-minute report of their imaginary adventures. She explained that Whitney was pretending to be the "Ha-Ha-Ha." I couldn't figure out what in the world she was talking about, but smiled and nodded because, hey, they had fun and I got things accomplished.

Just this past week, I FINALLY figured out what the Ha-Ha-Ha actually is. I figured it was some sort of bad guy, but I couldn't figure out for the life of me why they decided to call it the Ha-ha-ha. I found out quite by accident while shopping at Costco. Whitney started playing with her hands/fingers as she usually does. If she has 2 of anything, those 2 things will have conversations and interactions with each other. It's great because she can entertain herself anywhere. At one point, I heard one of her hands say something along the lines of, "I'm going to get you! Ha, ha, ha!" (in a bad-guy-style, slower, deep, menacing tone). The other hand replied, "No, not the Ha-ha-ha!" Thus, the bad guy is named the Ha-ha-ha. I finally understand! And, I have to say, it definitely makes sense now.

3 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

That is really clever. Whitney is such a smart girl. I love that she can entertain herself like that. When Owen gets bored he starts pulling stuff off shelves. My eye is twitching just thinking about it.

Kenyon, Michelle & Brandon said...

That's hilarious! What creative girls you have!

Laura said...

I LOVE what your girls come up with! They are so creative.