Today, I spent a little over an hour pulling weeds out of our garden plot. I headed out this morning with high hopes and gripper-finger garden gloves...only to find that pulling up the dandelions was, in most cases, like pulling up cabbages with carrots for roots. My little gripper-finger gloves could only handle so much. So, after 30 minutes, I retreated into the house, then marched over to Lowe's to pick up a few tools.
Once the girls were fed and down for naps, I headed back out to conquer the dandy-cabbage-lions. I whipped out my new little weeder, which worked as well as spitting on a bonfire. That's when I pulled out my big guns...the trowel. Within 40 minutes, the worst of the weeding was over. I only did half of the area, but it was the most densely overgrown section of the garden box.
And, by the way, if anyone is planning to go fishing in the next few weeks, stop by to pick up your bait on the way. I don't think I've ever seen so many worms in one place before. And, as a result of jamming my trowel into the dirt over and over, within a few days, we'll have enough worms to start our own worm farm.
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












2 comments:
I feel your dandy-cabbage-lion pain! They are the worst! Way to brave the fight!!!
Where can I see pictures of your garden as it grows???
And where are you guys now? So many blogs I can't keep up!
Post a Comment