My kids are so silly sometimes! They've had quite a few laughable moments recently.
Whitney has just been cracking me up. Since she learned to open doors a few weeks ago, it seems she had a development spurt and started a few new things all at one. Not only did she learn to jump with both feet off the floor, but her vocabulary is increasing daily. A few weeks ago, while playing outside, Whitney got really upset that Kallie had taken something she had been playing with. She firmly placed her little hands on her hips, thrust her chin down, worked up a cute little pout, and said, "Hey, I first!" (She learned this phrase from Kallie. The drama is all her own.) Then, last week, when it was time to leave for our final swimming lesson, I turned off the Little Einsteins video they were watching. Although she was sitting, (actually lounging), on the couch, those little hands flew to her hips, the chin tipped down, and the pout reappeared, and I was repirimanded with, "Hey! I first!" The pout didn't last too long, as she joined me in laughing at her cuteness.
Kallie recently went through a 2-week phase of seeing what she could get away with. For example, she would put her fingers in her juice and then watch me like a hawk. As soon as it looked like I might turn around or look up and realize what she was doing, she would pull her hand out and say, "You didn't see me, Mom!" I now realize how it is possible that moms have eyes in the back of their heads. Because, although in a few of the situations, I couldn't see her, I knew exactly what she was doing. After a week or so of this risky behavior, I went to the back of the apartment while the girls were eating lunch. Kallie called out a request for more milk and it took me a second to finish what I was doing and get back to the kitchen. When I walked in, there was Kallie, standing in the open fridge, sucking chocolate syrup straight from the bottle. I stood there silently for a few minutes waiting for her to notice. It took quite a while, and a purposeful movement from me, for her to finally realize I was standing there. (I guess chocolate syrup is just that good when you're 3.) As she sheepishly stood frozen to the spot, I said, "I see you!" Needless to say, she was denied her chocolate milk request.
One more story...I love the movie Enchanted. This should not come as a shock to anyone who knows me even a little. Although we don't watch it much, (I think Kallie has seen it once...), I play the soundtrack probably 4-5 times a week. The girls put on their princess skirts and we dance and sing to the music. And when I say WE sing, it really is all 3 of us singing. In fact, the girls will burst into Enchanted songs in any random place, (including church). Whitney goes around singing, "How d'I knoooooooow!" and Kallie is starting to memorize the words to the verses. So, this past Sunday, I was chopping up chocolate for a dessert I was making. Kallie desperately wants to help with any possible project, so I gave her the task of unwrapping the one ounce chocolate pieces. As we were standing unwrapping and chopping, Kallie turned to me and said, "Mom, it's not enough to take the one you love for granted." (This is a line from the "How Do I Know?" song.) I started laughing and said, "Yes, Kallie, you're right. It's not enough."
What silly kids I have! They certainly keep us entertained and help us enjoy life!
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












1 comment:
I love it! You have very cute girls.
Post a Comment